Heartburn or GERD can Kill

Heartburn is a common annoyance. The busy lifestyle, quick meals, fatty or spicy foods all contribute to the occasional need of a chewable pain reliever. The acceptance of heartburn as an inconvenient, but natural, part of the daily grind can blind you to the warning that a severe heartburn symptom can bring.

Heartburn as a Disorder

Heartburn can be a symptom as well as a disorder. Simple heartburn or GERD can be controlled and dealt with. However, heartburn can signal the presence of a much more serious problem. If it’s heartburn, you will have a burning sensation in the chest usually after eating. There may be a spread of the burning to the throat, sometimes accompanied by a bad taste, difficulty in swallowing, belching, coughing, hoarseness and/or wheezing.

It can become worse by lying down or bending over or by eating. Relief can come from an antacid. While the more severe heartburn symptoms may be mistaken for a heart attack, simple heartburn is usually not made worse by exercise. If there is any concern that the pain may signal a heart attack, get help quickly.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fake Acai Diet Products

By Dana Hawkes

Acai diet products are the central part of the acai diet. These products help you to actually get the acai berry. This is the part of the acai that has all of the healthy benefits. There are various products out there that are trying to cash in on the acai diet name. They claim to have the acai that you need to have a good amount of acai. Unfortunately, they are lying. Some may even be telling you that they are lying, and you will fail to pick up on it. Be sure to check for the following situations when looking for acai diet products.

"100% Acai Fruit"

Some products will claim that they feature "100% acai fruit". This sounds good, right? The 100% makes you feel as if you are getting nothing but pure healthy goodness from the acai.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. The acai fruit as a whole is not all healthy. 90% of the acai fruit actually features no main value whatsoever. All of the useful omega fatty acids and antioxidants are found in the other 10%, that being the acai berry.

"Pulp Included!"

"Pulp Included" is also a way that many companies attempt to fit the entire acai fruit into the drink. If you are purchasing a drink or supplement that claims to have nothing but acai fruit, look elsewhere. Chances are, the company is only giving you part of what you need.

The Fine Print

Many acai fruit juices will feature other juices. These other juices are used as a sweetening agent. Make sure that you read the exact print of the juice. If the company is adding sweetener, you may want to look for other juices. Also be sure to understand how much acai is in each serving. If acai juice is not at the top of the ingredient list, you are not getting as much acai as you think you are.

About the Author:

No comments: